Paul D. Croissant, M.D.
Education and training
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 1957-1960
Hahnemann Medical School and College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1960-1964
Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, Pennsylvania 1964
General Surgery-Abington Memorial Hospital 1965-1966 Neurosurgery-Temple University 1966-1970
USAF Ready Reserve, Berry Plan, Captain.
Practice of Neurosurgery
- Oakland Neurosurgical Clinic, 1431 Woodward Avenue, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 1970-1983
- North Oakland Neurosurgical, 44555 Woodward Avenue, Suite 406, Pontiac, Michigan 1984-March 31, 2005
- Neurosurgical Consultants, 799 Denison Court, Second Floor, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan April 1, 2005-present
- Medical License-State of Michigan, May 1970
- Medical License-State of Pennsylvania, July 1, 1965 expired 1-31-81
- Medical License-State of California, August 3 1970 expired 5-31-81
- National Board, Diplomat, 1965
- American Board of Neurosurgical Surgery, October 1972
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan, 1970-present
North Oakland Medical Center, Pontiac, Michigan, 1970-present
Crittenton Hospital, Rochester, Michigan, 1970-present
Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, Michigan January 2005-present
University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Clinical Instructor I, 1990-2000 (approximately)
- Michigan State Medical Society, Delegate, 1975 Oakland County Medical Society
Ethics Committee, 1978-1979
Board of Directors, 1978-1980; 1985-1987
President Elect, 1988-1989
- American Association of Automotive Medicine
- Phi Chi
- American Medical Association Pan American Medical Society
- Inter-Urban Neurosurgical Society
- Michigan Association of Neurological Surgeons Vice-President, 1980-1981 President, 1982-1984
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons and American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Executive Committee, 1985-1988
Medical Practices Subcommittee, 1979-1980
Health Systems Cost Control Subcommittee, 1984
Committee on Trauma & Emergency Medical Services, 1979-1985
- Joint Socio-Economics Committee, 1979-1985 Chairman, 1985-1986
- Joint Council of State Neurosurgical Societies Chairman, 1986-1989
- Technical Consulting Panel for the Harvard/Arna Resource-Based Relative Value Study, 1987
- Chairman of Awards Subcommittee for the AANS Annual Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee, 1990
- American College of Surgeons Member Michigan District #5 Committee on Applicants, 1986-1991
- Served as a member of the Physicians Payment Review Commission Interspecialty Consensus Panel, 1988-1991
- American Board of Neurological Surgeons Guest Examiner, 1992
- Professional Development Committee, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1993
- Membership Committee, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1993
- Oakland Physicians Network Services, 1993, (Founding Member)
Chairman of the Board 1997, 1998, 2001
Membership Committee 2001
- Mercy Oakland Physicians Network
Board of Directors 1997-2002
Chairman of the Board 1997-1998
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Editorial Board 2005
- Intracranial Midline Anterior Fossae Ossifying Fibroma Invading Orbits, Paranasal Sinuses and Right Maxillary Antrum. Scott, M., Peale, A., and Croissant, P.: Journal Neurosurgery, 1971, 34: 827-831.
- Portnoy, H.D., McElhaney, J., Croissant, P.D., and Melving, J.L Mechanism of Cervical Spine Injury in Auto Accidents, Proceedings 15th Conference American Association of Automotive Medicine, pp. 58-83, Colorado Springs, 10-71.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.D.: Anti-Siphon Valve On-Off Device in the Prevention and Treatment of Shunt Induced Subdural Hematoma. Pan-American Medical Association. Miami Beach, Florida 11-19/22-1972.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Schulte, R.R., Fox, L.J., Croissant, P.D., and Tripp, L.: Anti-Siphon and Reversible Occlusion Valve for Hydrocephalic Shunts with Particular Reference to Preventing Post-Shunt Subdural Hematoma. Journal Neurosurgery 38: 729-738.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.D.: New Devices for shunting Hydrocephalics. Neurocirugia, Mexico (in press).
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.D.: Padded Brain Retractor. Surg. Neur. 1:243,1973.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.O.: Two Unusual Complications of Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt. Journal Neurosurgery, 39:775-776, 1973.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.D.: Combined Drainage of Ventricular and Subdural Fluid. Surg. Neur. 2:41-42, 1974.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.D.: Practical Method for Measuring Hydrodynamics of Cerebrospinal Fluid. Surg. Neur. 5:273-277, 1976.
- Portnoy, H.D. Tripp, L., and Croissant, P.O.: Hydrodynamics of Shunt Valves, Child's Brain 2:242-256, 1976.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.O.: Pre and Postoperative Cerebrospinal Fluid Absorption Studies in Patients with Myelomeningocele Shunt for Hydrocephalus, Child's Brain 4:47-64, 1978.
- Portnoy, H.D., and Croissant, P.D.: Cerebrospinal Fluid Absorption Studies on Patients with Myelomeningocele and Hydrocephalus, Child's Brain (in press).
- Chopp, M., Portnoy, H.D., Shurig, R., and Croissant, P.D.: Clinical Dosimetry During Cerebral Arteriography. Neuroradiology 20, 1980 (in press).
- Pevehouse, B.C., Croissant, P.D., Geise, A.W., and Lippe, P.M., in conjunction with Resources Inc.: 1987 Comprehensive Neurosurgical Practice Survey. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1988.
- Rose, K.D., Croissant, P.D., Parliament, C.F., and Levin, M.B.: Spontaneous Spinal Epidural Hematoma with Associated Platelet Dysfunction from Excessive Garlic Ingestion: A Case Report. Neurosurgery 26:880-882. 1990.
- Onik, G., Mooney, V., Maroon, J., Wiltse, L. Helms, C., Scweigel, J., Watkins, R., Kahanovitz, N., Day, A., Morris, J., McCullough, J., Reicher, M., Croissant, P., Dunsker, S., Davis, G., Brown, C., Hochschuler, S., Sault, T., and Ray, C.: Automated Percutaneous Discectomy: A Prospective Multi-Institutional Study. Neurosurgery 26:228-233, 1990.
- Nazzal, M., Croissant, P.O., Ali, M., and Kaidi, A.: Intraradicular Disc Herniation: A Case Report of Literature, Journal of Spine Disorders, 8:86-88, 1995.
Crittenton Hospital Activities
- Quality Care Committee, 1976-1980
- Intensive Care Unit Committee, 1976-1985, Chairman 1978 Medical Executive Committee, 1978-1979
- Vice-Chief, Department of Surgery, 1979
- Neuro-Intensive Care Unit, 1979-1983, Chairman 1979
- Surgical Review Committee, 1985, Chairman 1986
North Oakland Medical Center Activities
- Surgery Audit Committee, 1975-1980, Chairman 1976-1977
- Credentials Committee, 1975-1979, Chairman 1977-1978
- Executive Committee, 1979 Surgery Advisory Committee, 1985
- Operating Room Policy Committee, 1983-1984 Special Care Committee, 1989-1990
- The Generals, General 1987-1988
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Activities
- Isotope Care Committee, 1972-1973
- Special Care Committee, 1976-1979, Chairman 1978-1979
- Rehabilitation Committee, 1983-1989
- Chief of Staff Advisory Council, 1996-1997
- Clinical Instructor of Neurosurgery, Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Michigan, 1973-1976
- Clinical Instructor, Neurosurgery, University of Michigan Hospital, July 1990-2000 (Approximately)
- "Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt System. Technique/Complications." American Association of Neurological Surgeons Meeting, Miami, Florida, 1978
- "Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt System. Technique/Complications." IV International Congress of Neurological Surgeons Meeting, Japan, 1973
Current Surgery, The Official Journal of the Association of Program Directors in Surgery, Editorial Board Member in the area of Neurosurgery, September 2004-present.